Thursday, June 27, 2013

American Culture and the True Church

I can't say that I was totally surprised with the decision of the Supreme Court of the United States to strike down the Defense of Marriage Act.  The culture in America is shifting very quickly and very decidedly away from orthodox Christian truths.  I was more shocked with President Obama's statement: "I won't make churches conduct gay marriages." He obviously has no clue that the head of the Church is Jesus Christ, not the President of the United States.

God is sovereign, and I believe our current cultural stance against biblical Christianity (with the capstone being the SCOTUS ruling on DOMA) is a step in God's purification of the true churches here in America. President Obama may not "make" churches conduct gay marriages, but I'm sure that it will
eventually be a requirement to keep their 501(c)3 status. The current politically correct, but biblically corrupt churches will have no problem keeping their tax-exempt status. The true Church will not, even cannot, be tied to our current governmental system. The wheat will be separated from the tares...(Matt. 13:24-30).