Friday, December 27, 2013

One Final Adjustment (Block Time Bible Reading)

I currently set aside Bible reading and devotional time in the morning and evening on most days.  Instead of changing that routine, I decided to tailor my block time Bible reading schedule to fit what I currently do.  Therefore, I used the half-hour plan and scheduled an Old Testament (OT) reading in the morning and a New Testament (NT) reading in the evening.  This gives me an hour each day in God's Word.  Over a 15-week cycle, I will read the OT once and the NT three times.  Some weeks I will complete my planned reading early (for example, it should only take 5 days to read Genesis), so I have decided to use any extra time each week in dedicated prayer.

WeekAM (30-minutes)PM (30-minutes)
1GenesisMatthew & Mark
2ExodusLuke & John
3Leviticus & NumbersActs through 1 Corinthians
4Deuteronomy  2 Corinthians through 2 Timothy 
5Joshua & JudgesTitus through Revelation
6Ruth through 2 Samuel
Matthew & Mark
71 & 2 Kings
Luke & John
81 Chronicles through Ezra
Acts through 1 Corinthians
9Nehemiah & Job
  2 Corinthians through 2 Timothy 
10Psalms
Titus through Revelation
11  Proverbs through Song of Solomon 
Matthew & Mark
12Isaiah
Luke & John
13Jeremiah & Lamentations
Acts through 1 Corinthians
14Ezekiel & Daniel
  2 Corinthians through 2 Timothy 
15Hosea through Malachi
Titus through Revelation